oVer RATED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takin` iT oVer the Top

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Man heard the oR forum is making a comeback. Dan is still a bender. Brim is still shit and isn't allowed on very often *whipping noises* Luck is experiencing companionship for the first time, so is never on either. Cookie is still about but contemplates suicide for every waking moment of his life. Maki is a sad dutch bastard trying to hang out with the cool kids. All in all. Life Tastes Good. oR

Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?

Go down 
+3
Makibishi
JAKE
ExToNe-
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ExToNe-
Keyboard Broke...
ExToNe-

Number of posts : 1701
PSN : ExToNe-
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? Empty
PostSubject: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyThu 18 Sep 2008, 08:17

read this on cg n just copied n pasted it lol

Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith has said that the company sees strong opportunities to monetize online gameplay in Call of Duty 5. "The average Call of Duty player has spent nearly five full 24-hour days of their lives online since purchasing the game. Over time, we'll qualify more opportunities to increase the monetization of these activities." said Griffith. Griffith also said that they will be offering "3x the amount of content available for download and premium content called 'Day One Advantage'" for COD 5.

Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/acti...tize-call-duty

Paying for online play is taking it a bit to far. I mean, MS already charges gamers a monthly fee for online play, so if Activision would also start charging money for the capability to play online, that would just be a bitchslap to gamers everywhere.
I can't help but fear that due to the increase in popularity amongst the general public, games aren't about delivering a story anymore, but more about getting as much money in as possible. One could argue that this is what happens to every pop culture that is commercialized, but with gaming it's not so much about delivering add-ons, but more about stripping down a final product, and starting to charge for each package individualy.
BF:BC tried it with the weapons, and got boycotted for that. Saints Row is now trying it with some unlockable vehicles, Far Cry is also doing it with new missions if you order it at Gamestop, Soul Calibur 4 will do it with Yoda and Darth Vader as a character (being already on every disk, Xbox or PS3), ... and now Activision is thinking about charging extra money for the MP, which should be a part of the core package for which people already pay 60 euros...
The list of commersial BS is started to grow and grow, just hope that gamers alike put a stop to it, and don't buy into this crap anymore, or it'll grow to a level that games will just become too expensive

Anyways, raises the question: would you pay extra to play MP on a game?
Back to top Go down
JAKE
I didn't know i had a Floppy Disk
JAKE

Number of posts : 2465
PSN : J-_-A_-_K-_-E
Clan : ☺/
/▌
/ \
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyThu 18 Sep 2008, 09:13

no. simple.

I WOULD consider paying for the online service as a whole but if i did Sony would have to seriously vamp up the content it offers. They say the PSN is free atm, it's not, we pay extra buying Online PSN games for like double what Xbots pay in their marketplace. Only people that win with Sony are the one's that purchase nothing from the onlie store.
Back to top Go down
Makibishi
Spam is the way to go
Makibishi

Number of posts : 1341
PSN : Makibishi / Cyber-_-Jedi
Clan : oR
UnR
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyThu 18 Sep 2008, 09:36

nope never specialy not ww2 crap games like cod5
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 08:14

no way i'd jus stik to stuff thts free thanks
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:27

yea i agree i dont really buy much from the store anyways and some of the stuff r rip offs...pain i no its cheap and all but they make u pay for every character and a new place... if u dont u stick with 1 place and 1 character .... priks... their loss not mine....Smile
staright answer is no like u guys.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

Number of posts : 1545
PSN : brimmy6 / Brimmy6_Mark_II
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:49

definately not

xbox peeps dont realise how much they get mugged
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 17:58

i think with xbox the service they provide is well good but aint worth 30 quid. shud b like 10 for a year lol
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

Number of posts : 1545
PSN : brimmy6 / Brimmy6_Mark_II
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 18:05

i dontt think u shud av to pay at all cos the whoe point of wifdi is that it id freeeeee

xbox still has its problems
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptySat 20 Sep 2008, 15:04

its true ....is XBoX £30 a month or year... and Sik dont u have an Xbox ...do u play it a lot...?
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptySat 20 Sep 2008, 17:11

i have halo 3, mass effect, gears of war and lost odyssey, only a few. dnt play it tht much at all. only play wen theres a good game coming out.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyMon 22 Sep 2008, 11:55

Is there something wrong with the forum? or are peope just not putting any text in their posts?
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyMon 22 Sep 2008, 15:02

the forum jackie the forum....................... drunken
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:11

well i had a problem with the forum wen i tried to access it on ma PS3 ... yea no text was in the posts..... will check it on PS3 l8r n c if it ok
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 05:56

on ps3 everythings blank but on pc its ok
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 09:03

It was fine for me after they fixed the server errors on PS3 and PC. Although on both some comments were still missing, think they're al back up now though
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Becoming a forum Geek!!
Cookie

Number of posts : 429
PSN : The_Cool_Cookie
Clan : oR
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 09:46

Cod5 no
Cod4 Maybe (if they added alot more stuff)
Overall Yes
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 11:41

thrthbrhtrhjrthtyhtgfbhfh
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 04:16

stop spamming dan *COUGH* i'm not spamming lololol *COUGH*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?   Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you pay for Call of Duty online gameplay?
Page 1 of 1