oVer RATED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takin` iT oVer the Top

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Man heard the oR forum is making a comeback. Dan is still a bender. Brim is still shit and isn't allowed on very often *whipping noises* Luck is experiencing companionship for the first time, so is never on either. Cookie is still about but contemplates suicide for every waking moment of his life. Maki is a sad dutch bastard trying to hang out with the cool kids. All in all. Life Tastes Good. oR

Help For Wireless People

Go down 
+2
Online_Arson
JAKE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JAKE
I didn't know i had a Floppy Disk
JAKE

Number of posts : 2465
PSN : J-_-A_-_K-_-E
Clan : ☺/
/▌
/ \
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Help For Wireless People Empty
PostSubject: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyTue 02 Sep 2008, 12:49

Well, i guess this is more advice than help. Anyways, if you're wireles no matter what you think you're connection isn't great NO MATTER WHAT and even if it is good by usual standards it could be a lot better. So here a really really good alternative.

Homeplug. Basically you plug an ether cable from your modem into this Homeplug, which is plugged into the mains. You then have another Homeplug (like upstairs or something) and you have an ethernet cable running that plug to the thernet port in your PS3. That's it, nothing else to do. Obviously you need to set up the connection on your PS3, but just set everything to Auto and it'll be fine. Basically for £50 (half the price of a really good Wireless router) you have a very very good and stable internet connection. Also if you have other members int he family that did use wireless you can just buy an extra Homeplug for them so they can benefit also.
Go look it up. ATM both Me and stupid flip flop boy us Homeplug. You can prbably find them for like £40 on Ebay or something especially if you use some of the codes from retailmenot.com
Back to top Go down
Online_Arson
Retards can posts as well!!

Number of posts : 244
PSN : Online_Arson
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyTue 02 Sep 2008, 15:00

ARGHH!!!

Nerd bandwidth reached!!!

Don't understand!!!
Back to top Go down
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Burnout_Avenged
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyWed 03 Sep 2008, 08:59

Well even retards can understand this (been proven) so it's your problem lol
Back to top Go down
Online_Arson
Retards can posts as well!!

Number of posts : 244
PSN : Online_Arson
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyWed 03 Sep 2008, 12:47

Well if stupid flip flop boy understands, I'm sure anyone can
Back to top Go down
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Burnout_Avenged
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

Number of posts : 1545
PSN : brimmy6 / Brimmy6_Mark_II
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyWed 03 Sep 2008, 16:45

£40 on ebay... m8
they stock em in pc world n shit for between £25 n £80, n because it fibre optic u dont really lose much speed unless u have stupidly long ethernet cables... it the same wiv hdmi.
homeplug is gud tho it has transformed me from sum1 who '''''''''fluctuates'''''''' to sum1 who is the perfect host
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 02:54

Brimmy wrote:
£40 on ebay... m8
they stock em in pc world n shit for between £25 n £80, n because it fibre optic u dont really lose much speed unless u have stupidly long ethernet cables... it the same wiv hdmi.
homeplug is gud tho it has transformed me from sum1 who '''''''''fluctuates'''''''' to sum1 who is the perfect host

Except you can't get 3 bars connection with this guy when I can and even luck was going up and down XD
I become the better host when it's heavy on Upload/DL as i do actually have a better connection, but your Ping is better because you have a fiber optic connection son. You just wait til h2o roll out their fiber optic in Northampton, 100 meg DL and 10 meg UL
We're next after the trial in Bournemouth i thinks
i think it's wasted on them, load of old peole
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 10:47

same...
how much will h20 be tho
i no its cheap for em to lay it... but its like 5x faster than anything else yet so they could charge shitloads
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 11:16

yea thats true but likely to be at uni if i get that far...hope i do just maths is fairly difficult and my sis in bedford uni a its quite new in the new block which opened for her year she got just ova 8mg download and just under 1mg upload which isnt bad i guess but now she not at uni so pointless
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

Number of posts : 1274
PSN : aLeX_dE_pLaYa
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 14:13

btw wt u sed bout bournemouth its nt just old peeps. i kno sum ridiculously hot girls down ther, and thers no way u can label tht place as old aftr uv cn em. fukin hel a coupl are outa MY league
bad luk jackie.
also thers so many clubs in bournemouth, and im nt sure how many OAP's like clubbin
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 16:29

this is true...
they have a pretty gud uni which is where my sisters goin
plus i also know sum fit peeps from bounemouth
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyFri 05 Sep 2008, 06:37

Alex wrote:
btw wt u sed bout bournemouth its nt just old peeps. i kno sum ridiculously hot girls down ther, and thers no way u can label tht place as old aftr uv cn em. fukin hel a coupl are outa MY league
bad luk jackie.
also thers so many clubs in bournemouth, and im nt sure how many OAP's like clubbin

A weedy gimop is out of everybody's league. 90% of BM population is old people

h2o won't personally be charging for the service they rent out their network to other companies. My guess is virgin will get it. It'll probs be like £30-40 a month for 100meg but i think 20meg will become dirt cheap.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptySun 07 Sep 2008, 14:23

wireless bt homehub, i get abt constant 70% signal strength. so i dnt think i'll buy it n plus i never host neways lol
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 10:23

jake ur so clueless
also i dnt care 90% are old, tht 10% (9% allowin 4 mongs) r so fit it dnt matter
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 10:23

also im gna b the 1st of all of u 2 gt IP6 internet, whichl blow all ur connestions out the water bitches hahahahahahah losers
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 09:25

Not really.....I hope you've read into that. It just allows for loads more domains and shit. Speed is all that matters, especially when it comes to hosting games. fact is, you'll be hard pressed to beat 100 meg
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 10:38

yh but to begin wiv cos the well... power would b focused it wuld b in theory ridic fast. just to giv u an idea of how powerful u culd hav so many computers tht u culd even hav them in ur zips to tel u if ur flies r undone.
hw gd is tht, i had it in carmen's voice.... itd b like:
" o.... alex.... ur flies are undone... let me get tht, mmmmmm"
xcept sadly therd b no happy ending just me doin my flies up and moruning the fact tht carmen and me will nevr hav sexytime tg4
sigh
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 12:44

lol! LoL lol!
Just random LoLing at funny comments
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 12:11

Alex wrote:
yh but to begin wiv cos the well... power would b focused it wuld b in theory ridic fast. just to giv u an idea of how powerful u culd hav so many computers tht u culd even hav them in ur zips to tel u if ur flies r undone.
hw gd is tht, i had it in carmen's voice.... itd b like:
" o.... alex.... ur flies are undone... let me get tht, mmmmmm"
xcept sadly therd b no happy ending just me doin my flies up and moruning the fact tht carmen and me will nevr hav sexytime tg4
sigh

In theory 6 wouldn't improve your speed, the main limitin factor with that is the form of delivery and receivers connections. Like i said IPv6 is mainly so more domains can be used on teh internets as the current amount will soon be reached

Btw, atm many applications (firefox etc) actually run slower with IPv6. The only time IPv6 will be better is when the vast majority of applications/servers etc run IPv6 software. That's 3 years away at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help For Wireless People   Help For Wireless People Empty

Back to top Go down

Help For Wireless People
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oVer RATED :: Hardware and All Other Games :: Other-
Jump to: