oVer RATED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takin` iT oVer the Top

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Man heard the oR forum is making a comeback. Dan is still a bender. Brim is still shit and isn't allowed on very often *whipping noises* Luck is experiencing companionship for the first time, so is never on either. Cookie is still about but contemplates suicide for every waking moment of his life. Maki is a sad dutch bastard trying to hang out with the cool kids. All in all. Life Tastes Good. oR

MGO - Good or Bad?

Go down 
+3
SiKhEd_
ExToNe-
JAKE
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JAKE
I didn't know i had a Floppy Disk
JAKE

Number of posts : 2465
PSN : J-_-A_-_K-_-E
Clan : ☺/
/▌
/ \
Registration date : 2008-04-22

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 10 May 2008, 05:04

I personally expected it to be a lot better than it was. Honest opinion, it is crap.
The aiming system is shocking and the guns feel imbalanced. They emphasized "linking up" and "stealth tactics" as some of the main factors of the game. The link up system is very poor and feels unfinished. The stealth idea is just ridiculous. Not once have i seen anybody use stealth. Sure maybe run riound and flank the enemy but the maps are just not set out for "stealth tactics"
Another thing if you do go up behind an enemy as you're in 3rd person 90% of the time they can see you anyway!!! The melee system is laughable too.

My rating 2/10 (The only reason it gets a 2 is because when ou use the RPG it makes me laugh)
Back to top Go down
ExToNe-
Keyboard Broke...
ExToNe-

Number of posts : 1701
PSN : ExToNe-
Registration date : 2008-04-17

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 10 May 2008, 05:23

afraid i agree i snuck up on some1 followed him 4 about 5 mins trying to lock on and he ended up killing me wen i had enough n went full out lol also i couldn't seem to lock on when their on higher ground and had no idea i was below attempting to kill em personaly and didn't live up to my expectations hopefully game play will be ALOT better than online
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 10 May 2008, 07:55

Shouldn't give opinion as i haven't played it...but hopefully they will make improvements considering this was the beta.
Back to top Go down
ExToNe-
Keyboard Broke...
ExToNe-

Number of posts : 1701
PSN : ExToNe-
Registration date : 2008-04-17

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 10 May 2008, 12:40

lol some betta version
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyMon 12 May 2008, 11:05

Yeah, generally when it's in beta stages it's 90% complete they just have to iron out some problems (maybe a weapon is more powerful than it should be) which is why they have a lot of beta testers who find problems like this. But they won't change the whole game, htrust me they'd have to make REAL big changes if they want this game to be any good.
Back to top Go down
AARONMAGEDDON
PC can't keep up
AARONMAGEDDON

Number of posts : 508
PSN : AARONMAGEDDON
Clan : (oR) oVer Rated

Registration date : 2008-05-10

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 13 May 2008, 04:06

I think its the worst online game I ever played, it was 2 slow paced and the aiming was really bad. I just hope gameplay is better in the campaign mode. Which I think it will.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 13 May 2008, 09:19

Yeah that's what i'm hoping too. there are some better features in the single player for sure and the whole stealth element will make it a lot better than the online.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 13 May 2008, 10:14

yeah offline-wise mgs4 WILL hold top spot with GTA 4 this year, considering that FFXIII is not likely to come out any time soon. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyThu 15 May 2008, 09:25

I never really liked Final fantasy games on a home console. I really liked all the one's that came out on the GBA/DS though.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyThu 15 May 2008, 10:44

DS final fantasy III? i got that 1 i think. neways yh u shud definately get more into that rpg games on the ps3 cos thats where they make the best stories Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 17 May 2008, 05:40

I like RPG's well most RPG's. I love levelling up things lol. I'm level 86 on Oblivion and all my stats are at 100, for example. Sadly i haven't seen a decent RPG, aside from Oblivion, out yet. Maybe when Final Fantasy comes out i will try it.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySat 17 May 2008, 07:29

Oblivion was definately a good game....i was a dark elf with the vampire curse (ftw!) im level 24 or sumfin like that. my best stats are speed strength and sumfin else 4got lol. got them to level 100, and the rest are around the 55 mark. lol

86? ur crazyyyyyy dude u must put in loadsa hours into that game, unless you found a way to level up fast. pirat
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 20 May 2008, 05:51

I've played it for about 120 hours. The way to level up real fast is to get all your stats back down to 1 and start again (you have to got to jail like 100 times though)

Hmm i'm thinking we need a games guide section.
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 12:03

oblivion n FFIIIV is MGO i forgot now or MGO is just really bad as wen i played it all u did was look and press R1 as it locks onto the enemy ahh we'll be seeing sum insane playas on th@ 1
Back to top Go down
Online_Arson
Retards can posts as well!!

Number of posts : 244
PSN : Online_Arson
Registration date : 2008-05-29

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 12:36

Don't know why you're talking about role playing games now, but I really like Metal Gear Online
Back to top Go down
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Burnout_Avenged
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 05:04

Lol, like the subject of a topic actually represents what we're going to be talking about.

MGO was and is a pile of shit, the only reason i would possibly play it would be if it was updated and included trophies.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog07
Admin
Blackdog07

Number of posts : 70
PSN : Blackdog07
Registration date : 2008-04-21

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 07:47

The game is crap in my honest opinion, a game based around one person infiltiration mission's does not work online. Not to mention the aiming and shot detection is poor as well and the awful lag and spawn killing I have experienced.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 05:00

Lol!!! you were being spawn killed!! I just hated it becayuse i always used to empty an entire carbine clip into some twat into at least his hips or above and he'd still live. Oh and 3rd person stealth?? WTF!!??! I was trying to sneak up on somebody and he just turned round cus he saw me due to the shitty vue
Back to top Go down
Blackdog07
Admin
Blackdog07

Number of posts : 70
PSN : Blackdog07
Registration date : 2008-04-21

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 18:23

JAKE wrote:
Lol!!! you were being spawn killed!! I just hated it becayuse i always used to empty an entire carbine clip into some twat into at least his hips or above and he'd still live. Oh and 3rd person stealth?? WTF!!??! I was trying to sneak up on somebody and he just turned round cus he saw me due to the shitty vue
Yep the spawning system seems to like putting you in the middle of battles and you appear before you select your weapons. Now I know how the 100's of people we spawn killed on resistance felt. Crying or Very sad Hopefully resistance 2 will have a system where it is easy to spawn kill. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2008, 04:39

Yeah, i want the spawn points to be easily accessible with clear glass walls, so we can see where to send the auger bullets when we're not Chimera
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2008, 06:20

i never spawn killed...........
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2008, 06:20

i did reli all the time practically on ctf somerset/nottingham
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2008, 11:22

lol @ dog editing jakes sig ahahhaa i bet it was u who edited mine dog lol ahaha my sides are splittting lol @ jake not noticin
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 04:46

He edited yours too dent chest

I keep changing it back, but the bastard keeps sneaking on at night and changing it.
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 08:32

keep it up dog ....hasnt changed mine back until i just posted this msg he will no wont he....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGO - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGO - Good or Bad?   MGO - Good or Bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

MGO - Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next