oVer RATED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takin` iT oVer the Top

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Man heard the oR forum is making a comeback. Dan is still a bender. Brim is still shit and isn't allowed on very often *whipping noises* Luck is experiencing companionship for the first time, so is never on either. Cookie is still about but contemplates suicide for every waking moment of his life. Maki is a sad dutch bastard trying to hang out with the cool kids. All in all. Life Tastes Good. oR

If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW

Go down 
+4
Alex
Makibishi
SiKhEd_
JAKE
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JAKE
I didn't know i had a Floppy Disk
JAKE

Number of posts : 2465
PSN : J-_-A_-_K-_-E
Clan : ☺/
/▌
/ \
Registration date : 2008-04-22

If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW Empty
PostSubject: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 17:08

I don't like Killzone's online all that much. It's not original, search and destroy, capture the bases anyone? The aiming sucks (NOT the controls Dan) if you fire from 10m away the bullet spread is ridiclous. It has a quite frankly pathetic range of weapons. 2 Assaults, 2 LMGS (that are near enough identical) a Shotgun, 1 or 2 smg's and then your standard grenades and the occasional rocket launcher. Not great.

It borrows too much from other games and as far as i can tell, bar a few tweaks and the obvious jump up in graphics, it does nothing really original.

Sure the campaign is great, but i'm nearly at 100% on that and i've only played for 12 hours, 3 hours more and it'll be done.

End of the day, i don't like Killzone's online, say what you want, i still don't like it.

Found out MW 2 is going to have tanks online, so let's see how much that completely kills it.
Hawx i am looking forward too. the campaign at least looks pretty damn good, haven't seen enough of the online thus far to say anything.
Eat Lead's looking sexy, again no idea about the online.

Tbh some of the upcoming PSN games look pretty good, obviously you won't like most of them if you're not open to new ideas or just generally very inventive/experimental stuff. (Fat Princess for eg)

I'll be getting LotR Conquest as soon as Grant bothers to complete QoS (which btw has a decent campaign and a lolage if slightly stupid online)
Red Alert 3 looks awesome. I've always loved strategy games, with RA and AoE being the best of the bunch.

I really recommend getting the Sega megadrive collection, if you had a childhood that is....You'll bum some of the games on there. I completed all of the good one's and if i'm honest most of them are much harder that any of today's games because they are so basic mainly. There's not 100 different ways of avoiding death and if you screw up the one chance you do have, then you're dead. Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Sonic.......

If you can wait a few years the next Oblivion (and most likely FO) will be out, which will be sure to sap up another 200+ hours of my time Razz

Really i just want another game, that's so good everybody played it without exception (and enjoyed it) like Resistance, COD4 and to an extent R2.

Btw for those of you familiar with Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicles (and you bloody well should be, check out their reviews) White Knight Chronicles is coming out soonish and (though it might come across as a little weird) the graphics are like WTF!!! the trailer from the Japanese store was just like..........oh and it's from Level 5, so you can be sure the game will be super sexy awesome.

Well that's my midnight hour information download....
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 03:50

jake how the frik do the bullets spread. u shud fire in bursts if ur gettin tht problem. killzone online is gd is just tht u got 2 unlock everything. i got RA3 for 360, its quality. white knight chronicles looks awful, not graphics but just gameplay. i'll still get it since im an rpg fan
Back to top Go down
Makibishi
Spam is the way to go
Makibishi

Number of posts : 1341
PSN : Makibishi / Cyber-_-Jedi
Clan : oR
UnR
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 04:27

mw2 apart from the vehicles sounds good they took out the p90 lol
and jake is right
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

Number of posts : 1274
PSN : aLeX_dE_pLaYa
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 11:37

nah KZ2 is gd no matter wt u say cos its just the weapons re realistic in that u cant jsut hold down R1 which is wat u want from a game jake (yh lets all use the MP5 and M4 like special needs kids!), u gta fire in bursts or single shot like a man.
altho i do agree with u on strategy games, u shulda got civ that was probs the best strategy game so far.
and yh the best wer rather than just sayin RA and AofE also most of the C&C series.
generals was wel gd if ur honest.
and jake i dunno if uv ever played supreme commander on pc but thats quality
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 05 Mar 2009, 12:37

yea ... well kz aim is good wen u get used to it .. the spread isnt as bad as wat u say it is and there is pretty much no noobyness about it ... other than shotgun with turret ...so annoyin!

well i'd quite like to play a few Cw's on KZ as people are already active.. mayb play some on the in game ladder..

well jake enjoy boosting with grant ... i'd rather play the game for what it is and not just for trophies!
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 10:56

Maybe i bought KZ2 for the campaign soon as i put about 10-15 hours into the online beta. I'm having lot's of fun on the campaign.
Mak's right btw Razz

Alex, by Civ i assume you mean Cid Meier's? (however you spell it)
I thought that game sucked. I much prefer games like RA where it's not based on a grid. I lie, i didn't think it sucked, i played the demo quite a bit. But i didn't think it had any long term appeal.

Don't dis white knight chronicles gameplay it'll be amazing i assure you. Watch some gameplay footage (the games out in Japan) it's similar to Dark cloud.

Btw Dan, i only buy games that i know i will like at least a bit (with the exception of Buzz)
and regardless of trophy difficully if a good gamecomes out (Hawx for eg) i'm going to buy it. Btw people, Hawx is out now, but i'm not getting it just yet. Come play the online demo with me!

Dan, you only make that comment about trophies because you couldn't keep up with me. You borrowed Uncharted off me for £4 when trophies first came out and you bought PJ Eden for the trophies too.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

Number of posts : 1545
PSN : brimmy6 / Brimmy6_Mark_II
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 11:31

JAKE wrote:
Maybe i bought KZ2 for the campaign soon as i put about 10-15 hours into the online beta. I'm having lot's of fun on the campaign.
Mak's right btw Razz

Alex, by Civ i assume you mean Cid Meier's? (however you spell it)
I thought that game sucked. I much prefer games like RA where it's not based on a grid. I lie, i didn't think it sucked, i played the demo quite a bit. But i didn't think it had any long term appeal.

Don't dis white knight chronicles gameplay it'll be amazing i assure you. Watch some gameplay footage (the games out in Japan) it's similar to Dark cloud.

Btw Dan, i only buy games that i know i will like at least a bit (with the exception of Buzz)
and regardless of trophy difficully if a good gamecomes out (Hawx for eg) i'm going to buy it. Btw people, Hawx is out now, but i'm not getting it just yet. Come play the online demo with me!

Dan, you only make that comment about trophies because you couldn't keep up with me. You borrowed Uncharted off me for £4 when trophies first came out and you bought PJ Eden for the trophies too.

only a few points here
jake, you have a platinum on buzz, and seeing as the trophys are rediculously time consuming, you must have cut out another 1 of your wanks to get them, i mean come on, that is just plain stupid, why play the game if you dont like it.
also, some of that sounded well cheesy and almost verging on paedophilia
finally, that last bit, not really something to brag about, also, i actually thought pj eden was not a bad game, it was randomly fun.

Also, if you actually do play WoW then you have reached the final stage, btw, you are half-way there already
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 11:46

ur point.... i realised that it wasnt worth the money just to get trophies... ok i try n platinum a game i like but i wouldnt even think about renting games just for the trophies
...brimmy i agree with u there so much! (that last bit)
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 11:51

Brimmy you're an idiot. The last bit of my last post was "Dan, you only make that comment about trophies because you couldn't keep up with me. You borrowed Uncharted off me for £4 when trophies first came out and you bought PJ Eden for the trophies too."

Where in that am i bragging?
Main reason i rent games now is beacuse it's cheaper, most games offer absolutely nothing new online so i see no long term appeal, hence i rent it and don't purchase it.

Don't bullshit Dan. You gave up because i got so far ahead.
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 11:55

xProPane- wrote:
ur point.... i realised that it wasnt worth the money just to get trophies... ok i try n platinum a game i like but i wouldnt even think about renting games just for the trophies
...brimmy i agree with u there so much! (that last bit)

well actually i put that,
and no i'm sure i couldnt care less about trying to compete with u over some as petit as trophies ... i'd rather enjoy playing the game for wat it is not for wat it will offer me if i just buy the game...(if u dont understand i simply mean trophies.)

cherry
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 12:03

JAKE wrote:
Brimmy you're an idiot. The last bit of my last post was "Dan, you only make that comment about trophies because you couldn't keep up with me. You borrowed Uncharted off me for £4 when trophies first came out and you bought PJ Eden for the trophies too."

Where in that am i bragging?
Main reason i rent games now is beacuse it's cheaper, most games offer absolutely nothing new online so i see no long term appeal, hence i rent it and don't purchase it.

Don't bullshit Dan. You gave up because i got so far ahead.

my point exactly ( the bits in bold )
and the bit in italics... if you see no long term appeal, then why the fuck do you even rent them
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 06:22

You absolute complete and utter dumbass. That's the exact reason i rent the game. Fuck me, do you have a brain? If you buy a game you own it, it's your to keep forever if you wish. If i buy a game it's mostly because it has something to offer me long term (i.e the online) when you rent a game that's all it is, renting. You're borrowing it. like you would borrow a PS2 game off somebody to complete the campaign, because it has no long term appeal.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 08:13

yh but jake u borrow for the long term anyway. cos lovefilm or wateva dnt have timed rentals or wateva, and considering u try get platinum ur gnna b playing for a while. so thts kinda contradictory. and anyway u can trade ur games in wen u get bored, even thou i like to keep all ma games.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 10:17

exactly, if i dont like it, i get rid of it.
but ur not borrowing a game to complete the campaign, ur doing it to get trophies, which is just a completely different level on the gimp scale
borrowing to complete the campaign because it is fun ( thats ok)
renting (i.e paying, because you dont have to pay to borrow from a friend) a game to get trophies because it makes you feel good about urself and that you have summat to brag about is a waste of time...

how long did you actually spend on buzz to get those tropies, or did you boost with other trophy whores
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 08:29

I boosted mostly. I don't brag about my trophies generally. Most the time it's somebody else that mentions them. But you're observation skills aren't so great.
And Sik. Not really contradicting myself. Most games i can platinum in a week or less. I'd say anything under 2 weeks is pretty short term. Some games i like but aren't going to be big hits with the clan (things like Hawx) i will keep for longer and it's not worth buying unless loads of other people get it too. I also rent some games that came out a while ago that i never played, I.e LotR Conquest. I'll be getting that or Hawx as soon as grant gives me QoS back.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 12:06

im sorry, but that is the exact reason why you are almost at the last stage.
boosting is so gimpy. why did you decide to do that in the first place?
what motivation did you have?
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyMon 09 Mar 2009, 13:44

yea i do agree...
(although i did it for an hour to get the 2 medals in which i never use, the turret n flying bots...)
u dont like KZ2 cus ur @ arson's level at it ... u say ooo my stats show i'm better than u on the beta... wow get u .. u wudnt even give me a 1 on 1 ...
just play the game for fun not for trophies... ah but i guess u cant help being shit at it can u Smile
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 12 Mar 2009, 09:59

Brimmy wrote:
im sorry, but that is the exact reason why you are almost at the last stage.
boosting is so gimpy. why did you decide to do that in the first place?
what motivation did you have?
trophies
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyMon 13 Apr 2009, 22:18

grant, grant , grant...
deary deary me
why?
Back to top Go down
ArMaGeDDoN_iT--X
Retards can posts as well!!
ArMaGeDDoN_iT--X

Number of posts : 294
PSN : SilentBladez01
Clan : [oR]

Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 04:23

I too am going for the trophies...56% now. I think Kz2 beats R2 and COD:WAW by miles.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 07:13

Brimmy, nobody except you, dan and I understand why you posted that message. Hmmm, 5am? Bet you're asleep now though.
I'm @ 80% and i've told y'all KZ2 was shit online, funny how nobody really plays it online anymore.

I'm waiting for Infamous now, comes out in June!!!
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 07:25

doesnt mean i cant post it...
and biatch, yes i am still awake, just tired as fuck
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/▌
/ \

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 14:38

Bollocks, i can almost guarantee you've had a sleep
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 14:41

how, i actually havnt
we werte on cod4 unitl 4ish then i watched 2 films, had a shower at 7:30 and then did revision watched tv lunch and then went on cod4
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

Number of posts : 1274
PSN : aLeX_dE_pLaYa
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW EmptyThu 16 Apr 2009, 11:11

ur both quite sad 2bh.
sorry just u know,
the truth.
u shuld buy the game for the experience and the fun and w/e.
and w/e u say white knight chirnicles looks shit.
but it cant help it, its a lame ass fukin RPG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW   If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW Empty

Back to top Go down

If They Screw Up The Rest of The Decent Games, I'll Just Go Play WoW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next