oVer RATED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takin` iT oVer the Top

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Man heard the oR forum is making a comeback. Dan is still a bender. Brim is still shit and isn't allowed on very often *whipping noises* Luck is experiencing companionship for the first time, so is never on either. Cookie is still about but contemplates suicide for every waking moment of his life. Maki is a sad dutch bastard trying to hang out with the cool kids. All in all. Life Tastes Good. oR

YLOD part 12

Go down 
+5
Cookie
Alex
diCer
xProPane-
Brimmy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

Number of posts : 1545
PSN : brimmy6 / Brimmy6_Mark_II
Registration date : 2008-07-13

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 10:19

Well, it was inevitable.
I got it November 2007, so it's had a good run. 2 1/2 years. So much for the ten year lifespan, its justa shame they cant make a machine which lasts it.

Anyway, I'm well out of warrenty so i dont really know what to do, because i cant just shell out £250 right now.
Oh, and iv got MW2 stuck in there
Back to top Go down
xProPane-
Spam is the way to go
xProPane-

Number of posts : 1256
PSN : xProPane-
Registration date : 2008-06-03

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 10:27

och, was that a 40?? didnt think they cud get YLOD, ul, cant u ring them up because i read about a few people claim some act of trade... dont really no as mines a trooper, 60gb and had it since july of release alien

speak to jake he's had it twice.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:03

Yeah iv had a look at a few sites, im gunna let it cool for a couple of hours n then see if i can get the disk out. I wanna back up my data as well if I can get it on. (save game data, etc)
Back to top Go down
diCer
Retards can posts as well!!
diCer

Number of posts : 217
PSN : DiceR-J
Registration date : 2009-09-08

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:06

Unlucky BrimZoR, You know i love you and i'll miss you dearly x x x
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

Number of posts : 1274
PSN : aLeX_dE_pLaYa
Registration date : 2008-04-25

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 12:49

brim jsut ring em up and give em a bollucking, and ask em what the fuck they're gonna do about wasting your money on their faulty goods.
they'll compensate you somehow, whether its a new ps3 or a full refund you're well within your rights to claim
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Becoming a forum Geek!!
Cookie

Number of posts : 429
PSN : The_Cool_Cookie
Clan : oR
Registration date : 2008-08-25

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 12:55

Be serious Alex, Brimmy the ballless would never do that ;P

lol @ dicer x)
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 13:15

yeah alex, im gunna try it tomorrow to see if i can get the disk out and to back up some save game data and then im gunna ring sony to see if they will get me a new one of a refund, if they dont, ill take it to a repair shop in northampton because im not spending the £130 sony want for it.
Alternatively, if my accumulator comes off this weekend ill go buy a brand spanking new 250gig slimline.

/Prays
/Prays some more
Back to top Go down
evertonian
No Body

Number of posts : 90
PSN : Evertonian_
Registration date : 2009-09-04

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 13:39

i remeber i rmeber on cg a guy complaining to sony stating all there rites and stuff

this is what he said hope this helps : http://forum.consolegaming.eu/showpost.php?p=653606&postcount=82
Back to top Go down
diCer
Retards can posts as well!!
diCer

Number of posts : 217
PSN : DiceR-J
Registration date : 2009-09-08

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 16:17

Unlucky Brim man, you have a safe life.

i'll never forget you <3
Back to top Go down
JAKE
I didn't know i had a Floppy Disk
JAKE

Number of posts : 2465
PSN : J-_-A_-_K-_-E
Clan : &#9786;/
/&#9612;
/&#65279; \
Registration date : 2008-04-22

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 17:26

Brim you're retarded. Twice my PS3 has been out of warranty and both of those times they've replaced it. Ring them, tell them you don't expect this sort of service from Sony. If the person denies ask to speak to their superior and repeat process. You will not be able to get the disk out and you will not be able to back up your save data.

However with your 40, look up the fan test, see if you can get the disk to eject whilst it's doing that (if it does it)

Dan, you're fucking stupid "was that a 40?? didnt think they cud get YLOD"

*Face palm*

Seriously though, if you pay to get another PS3 you have the worst possible persuasion powers in history and you'll be regarded as a general fucking failure.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

Number of posts : 2826
PSN : SiKhEd_
Registration date : 2008-04-30

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 12:18

unlucky brim

next time my ps3 gets ylod, im defo getting a slim. hopefully it ylods, then wen i go to trade it in it works for the 5 minutes they try it, den i run away with my money
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 13:44

JAKE wrote:
Brim you're retarded. Twice my PS3 has been out of warranty and both of those times they've replaced it. Ring them, tell them you don't expect this sort of service from Sony. If the person denies ask to speak to their superior and repeat process. You will not be able to get the disk out and you will not be able to back up your save data.

However with your 40, look up the fan test, see if you can get the disk to eject whilst it's doing that (if it does it)

*Face palm*

Seriously though, if you pay to get another PS3 you have the worst possible persuasion powers in history and you'll be regarded as a general fucking failure.

Rang up today, they said iv gotta pay £130 pound for a refurb. I said, that they should give it to me for free because £300 electrical equipment should last more than 52 months. The guy asked me to explain what would last longer so i told him iv never had a single problem with my TV. (MERKED)
But he wouldn't budge so what could i do? hang up on him?
I 'politely declined' when he asked me for my debit card details to pay the £130 for the refurb.
I'm taking it into a repair shop on monday where they will repair my own ps3 which has all my data on it. Plus its got MW2 in there and i dont wanna be waiting 8-9 months to get that back from sony.
On the other hand, like i said, if my accumulator comes in for the footy tomorrow, im heading to town sunday to get a slim.
They look so sexy and just generally seem much better.
Back to top Go down
balzan
PC can't keep up

Number of posts : 624
PSN : balzan
Clan : oR
Registration date : 2008-12-25

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 15:18

ul brim
Back to top Go down
http://www.adixunite.com
JAKE
JAKE

/&#9612;
/&#65279; \

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 18:50

Brimmy wrote:
JAKE wrote:

*Face palm*

Rang up today, they said iv gotta pay £130 pound for a refurb. I said, that they should give it to me for free because £300 electrical equipment should last more than 52 months. The guy asked me to explain what would last longer so i told him iv never had a single problem with my TV. (MERKED)
But he wouldn't budge so what could i do? hang up on him?
I 'politely declined' when he asked me for my debit card details to pay the £130 for the refurb.
I'm taking it into a repair shop on monday where they will repair my own ps3 which has all my data on it. Plus its got MW2 in there and i dont wanna be waiting 8-9 months to get that back from sony.
On the other hand, like i said, if my accumulator comes in for the footy tomorrow, im heading to town sunday to get a slim.
They look so sexy and just generally seem much better.

Wow,you're a pretty big fucking failure. As if you're not getting a replacement off them. Wow....I'd have got one guarenteedand I will, next time i get Ylod.
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 01:46

I dont want to pay £130 to get a refurb, lose all my save data and wait for ages to get MW2 back
I'd rather take it into a PS3 repair place on monday and get my own PS3 back, and because im not dealing with sony it will probably be much cheaper.
How is that retarded in any way?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Spam is the way to go
Alex

Number of posts : 1274
PSN : aLeX_dE_pLaYa
Registration date : 2008-04-25

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 06:06

did you ask for his boss?
most of the time the reason the little people dont wana give u what u want is costheyre worried theyll do the wrong thing and get bitch slapped for it. man up brimchild
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/&#9612;
/&#65279; \

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 07:12

Brimmy wrote:
I dont want to pay £130 to get a refurb, lose all my save data and wait for ages to get MW2 back
I'd rather take it into a PS3 repair place on monday and get my own PS3 back, and because im not dealing with sony it will probably be much cheaper.
How is that retarded in any way?

YOU FUCKING TARD. YOU DON'T PAY, ASK FOR A FREE REPLACEMENT. Jesus christ, never become a salesman or the like, you'd fail big time.

Read what i said I did. If they deny, ask to speak to their senior, if they do the same repeat process.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 12:26

last time i was on the fone, i had this african guy tell me he wudnt replace it for free ( i had continuous play) so wen he sed srry sir cant do tht for like the 100th time i was like BOOOM got continuous play give me my ps3 bitch. he was like why didnt u tell me earlier, i was like i wanted to get a free 1 lol
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/&#9612;
/&#65279; \

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 05:39

I didn't think you had to pay excess with continuous play? Do you still have your subscription? They still haven't released an altered continuous play, so i'd keep your subscription if you have it. Isn't it like £2.50 or £5 a month?
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 06:36

I doubt they will market an altered continuous play because they were getting exploited like bitches. They could do it and then say that you cant claim within the first 2-3 months but i guess that defeats the point and people would then want 2-3 months free, etc, etc, etc.

Also, i was never planning on being a salesman so thats okay i guess.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/&#9612;
/&#65279; \

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 17:21

Brimmy wrote:
I doubt they will market an altered continuous play because they were getting exploited like bitches. They could do it and then say that you cant claim within the first 2-3 months but i guess that defeats the point and people would then want 2-3 months free, etc, etc, etc.

Also, i was never planning on being a salesman so thats okay i guess.

What do you think the whole point of it being ALTERED is? So it can't be exploited so easily. A simple solution would be to charge a £50 excess if you need a replacement within the first month. That way people would have to wait for their new PS3 and a lot of people would rather just pay and get it sooner.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 17:20

theres no longer a continuous play service.
Back to top Go down
JAKE
JAKE

/&#9612;
/&#65279; \

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 18:15

I know there isn't. They did say that they would honour existing members subscriptions though.
Back to top Go down
SiKhEd_
SiKhEd_

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 08:42

yh they did, i stopped tho cos i wanted to get a ps3 for a fiver. whoop
Back to top Go down
Brimmy
Keyboard Broke...
Brimmy

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 EmptyThu 01 Apr 2010, 07:24

UPDATE:
Got smacked back by Sony every time i tried anything. But now, now boys I'm back in business.
Found out from an independent repair man that the problem was that the GPU had lifted of the motherboard because of the 'crappy' (his words) soldering that they use.
Did a little research and found the Sales of Goods Act 1979. Took that into game and told them that my playstation had been sold when it was not fit for purpose. I explained that they were required by law to give me a replacement or to give me a full refund. The guy told me he wasn't authorized to make that decision and that i should call customer services.
Got home, rang the customer services (was on hold for 22 minutes before i spoke to a real person) told him i wanted a new playstation for free. He told me what all the Sony people told me....
Then i called up on the trusty Sales of Goods Act once again. If it was possible to sense someone poo themselves over the phone then i've been there done that. Heard muttering in the background. The phone got passed to his manager. BLAM

I'm getting them to repair it for free. If they can't repair it (the independent repair center told me it is unrepairable) then i get a gift card for £299.99 and i go get a slim.

WA-POW.

P.S. Jake, who crap at persuasion now. I either get my own ps3 back repaired for free with my own data or i get a new one for free.
I think i win this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YLOD part 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YLOD part 12   YLOD part 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

YLOD part 12
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next